Friday, March 22, 2019

Progress on manufacturing

Out team has been making progress in seeing our designs be manufactured. The sheet steel and steel tubing were purchased and delivered from a contractor. Jason and I met with the contractor and helped him unload the materials into a club room on campus. I have also been in communication with the Maker Space, so that I may get access to their waterjet and welding equipment. The issue that I have continually encountered is that almost every one of the staff has said that to gain access I have to talk to someone else, and then refers me to the next person. Speaking with Dr. Furman, I have submitted a job request to the central shop as the coordinator of the shop is responsible for the waterjet cutter training. So in my request to get the pieces cut from the sheet steel, I have also submitted a request to be trained on the machine. Within that request, I have also requested to be officially trained on the MIG welder as I already know how to weld and only need the clearance to access these tools. Hopefully, training will begin soon that I will be able to cut out and weld our required parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment